14 February, 2013

Book Review|| Bridge Called Hope


Just a few days ago, I finished reading a book by Kim Meeder, called Bridge of Hope.

Kim Meeder and her husband Troy run a ranch called Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, in Oregon. They rescue abused, mistreated and dying horses; help them recover, and then pair them with children in need. (You can see their website here)

This book is full of touching, inspiring, and real stories about horses and the way they have touched the hearts and lives of hurting children and youth.  It is written in a very easy to read style and often include words of wisdom, such as ‘Hope is like a sky full of stars…whether we see them or not doesn’t change the fact that they are there. Truly, it is not until the night is at its very darkest…that we see them shine the most clearly.’

 In one story, Kim rescued this tiny neglected horse, which others would’ve thought was beyond hope, and loved it back to health. This same horse loved its way into the heart of a young man who had never known what it was like to be loved before… and changed his life.

The stories in this book really reiterated to me the fact that true Christian love will find a way into people’s hearts which by other ways would be impossible. And that nothing, or no one can ever go beyond hope.

I found this book to be really worth reading, and although it’s hard to summarize, it is a really good book, suitable for youth and adults.


P.s If you want to read another book review i have written, have a look here. :)

~

 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah. Psalms 68:19 



5 comments:

  1. The ranch you mean? Yes, I would so like to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this a great book I am almost finished reading it. I also like the young wisdom by a 5 year old "When I ride a horse it just makes my blood wiggle" I make me want a horse soooo much more.
    Your little sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Pip I Commented as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading books on such themes. makes you appreciate the beauty of marriage and the kind of work and energy that goes into it

    ReplyDelete

When you comment:

1. My day will be brighter, my face smiling, and my heart blessed.

2. I’m likely to immediately go and explore your blog (if you have one) to find out more of your amazingness, and return the blessing.

3. I will then attempt to craft a response to you that will somehow fail to convey how much I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness. I’m grateful for every word of encouragement you give, and don’t be afraid to share some constructive criticism also; there’s always more to learn. In short: thank-you! :)