07 March, 2013

Answered Prayer

 Remember a few weeks ago, the post I did ‘A Thought on Prayer? In that post I came to the conclusion that if we never ask God for specific things, we are never going to get specific answers, and thus our prayers seem to go unanswered.

When I did that post, I decided to ask God for something specific. I prayed that we would have some visitors come and stay, because we don’t often have visitors. And guess what…? Only a couple of weeks later, we had visitors. They came and stayed the weekend, and we talked, and we played music together, and we had a really great time together. 

So thanks Duke Family for coming and staying, (you're welcome back any time) , and thanks God, for answering my prayer. :) 

How has God answered your prayers lately?

~

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22  





3 comments:

  1. am I allowed to pray for a family to MOVE up here...? nobody visits us, since you all live so far south. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Course you are allowed to pray that. Only problem is, that I pray for another family to move down here, since nobody lives in our area any more! But i know that's a bit selfish, because we do have some fellowship... so I'll pray for some fellowship for you instead. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha
      you are too good, did you know that?

      Delete

When you comment:

1. My day will be brighter, my face smiling, and my heart blessed.

2. I’m likely to immediately go and explore your blog (if you have one) to find out more of your amazingness, and return the blessing.

3. I will then attempt to craft a response to you that will somehow fail to convey how much I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness. I’m grateful for every word of encouragement you give, and don’t be afraid to share some constructive criticism also; there’s always more to learn. In short: thank-you! :)