06 February, 2015

Day Three - Have a Cup of Tea?


(Man, somehow these titles end up rhyming. It's not purposely, I assure you.)






I made these little apple and date tart things a few weeks ago. They did end up tasting quite good, but to be honest, the reason I made them was so that I had something to take photos of. :) I'm into taking photos of food these days – it's lots of fun. And rather challenging: you're not going to see my first attempts. :P

Anyway, here's three of my current favourites:

1. This quote:

“There is so much good in the worst of us,

And so much bad in the best of us,

That it hardly behoves any of us,

To talk about the rest of us.”

Edward Wallis Hoch


2. This Bible passage:

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity; and if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: and the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Isaiah 58:6-12


3. This word: erxcellent, or is it urxcellent. I'm pretty sure I made it up, but I like it. :) It just means the same as excellent, by the way, if you want to add it to your vocabulary.

So, what are your favourites of late? Am I the only one who has 'current favourite words'?

See you again tomorrow! (Three down, four to go!:)

Jessica xxx :)

4 comments:

  1. I love that quote and the Bible verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Zipporah.:) Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the photos.... Actually, really do. I thought, "Is that at her house? Did she take them?" And then I saw the chairs in the background and I thought, "Yes, she did. And they're great!" You made the tarts look yum and I especially love the fourth photo.

    I haven't heard of 'erxcellent' before, so I think you must have made it up, yes. :) I don't have favorite words at the moment, I don't think. Today I started two books and both of them seem unbearably boring, so I think I'm going to have a break from reading for a while. Or read something I know won't be boring.

    Anyway, longest comment ever......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I had a lot of fun, as you can probably imagine...
      Yes, I was pretty sure I made up 'erxcellent' - just more proof of my weirdom...
      Hmm. I hope you find something interesting to read. I was finding it hard to get into books last week, so I read a book for younger teens, and it was really good... :)

      Delete

When you comment:

1. My day will be brighter, my face smiling, and my heart blessed.

2. I’m likely to immediately go and explore your blog (if you have one) to find out more of your amazingness, and return the blessing.

3. I will then attempt to craft a response to you that will somehow fail to convey how much I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness. I’m grateful for every word of encouragement you give, and don’t be afraid to share some constructive criticism also; there’s always more to learn. In short: thank-you! :)